In order to support our growth plans we have an exciting new Technical Sales Support Advisor. David Ball Group Ltd, based in Bourn, Cambridgeshire, is a leading manufacturer and supplier of structural waterproofing systems and sustainable cementitious products for the construction industry.
The company trades through a range of brands including market leading PUDLO waterproofing systems and Cemfree, ultra-low carbon concrete. This will be supporting our external sales teams, across the business within our well established medium-sized organisation based in Bourn, Cambridge. The successful candidate will be able to help shape this new role as part of the team.
The Internal Sales Coordinator will:
- Answer technical queries specifically relating to PUDLO Waterproofing Systems and its ancillaries but also covering the wider David Ball Group (Cemfree & MPS).
- Produce specifications for Type A Membrane, Type B Concrete & Type C Cavity Drain systems in accordance with BS8102: 2009.
- Read and interpret structural engineers’ / architects’ technical drawings to answer all technical queries relating to PUDLO CWP, waterproofing membranes and Cavity Drain System.
- Assist with queries and identify additional opportunities.
- Create technical reports.
- Support and liaise with Commercial and lead generation team as well as other functions across the business.
- Attend project meetings both on-site and at customer’s offices as necessary.
- Put together EBooks for new / existing projects as well as pre-tender submissions for distribution to our customers.
- Co-ordinate project drawings / technical information directly to Technical & Specification Managers.
- Record all drawings and project information on CRM system.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with new and existing customers.
- Assist in identifying opportunities / gaps in the market where DB Group can provide solutions to our customers and increase business and present ideas back to line manager.
This description is not exhaustive and is subject to review in conjunction with the post holder and according to future changes/developments in their role.
- Computer literate, competent at MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Experience in customer support
- Confident telephone manner
- Proficiency in English – Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build rapport internally and externally
- Strong communication, organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Positive and proactive attitude towards problem solving
- To build and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and customers at all levels
- To be self-motivated and be able to work independently for a large majority of the time
- To be pleasant and articulate at all times
- Be able to work on your own initiative and well-organised
- Certificated Surveyor in Structural Waterproofing (CSSW)
- Certificate in Concrete Technology & Construction (Tech ICT)
- Quantity Surveying experience or similar
- Experience in the construction waterproofing industry
- Understanding of below-ground waterproofing
The role of Technical Sales Support Advisor will be based at our head office in Bourn, just outside Cambridge. Normal working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4pm.
If you feel this is the opportunity that you have been waiting for, please email your covering letter and CV to Liam.Leonard@davidballgroup.com.