In order to support our growth plans we have a great opportunity for a Specification Manager – Structural Waterproofing covering London, South-east and Central England. David Ball Group Ltd, based in Bourn, Cambridgeshire, is a leading manufacturer and supplier of structural waterproofing systems and sustainable cementitious (PUDLO Waterproof Systems and Cemfree, ultra-low carbon concrete) products for the construction industry.
The post holder will be a member of the Commercial Team and is expected to cover and act across the global business as and when required. S/He will maintain and uphold at all times the highest standards of leadership, behaviours, morals and ethics, representing an exemplar for the company in all internal and external relationships.
Objectives of the Role:
- Become an additional part of a growing commercial team for our specification sales and direct sales function relating to structural waterproofing range of products, covering Types A, B and C forms of waterproofing.
- Contact external parties, including architects, engineers, contractors, and local authorities to win new project specifications.
- Develop new and maintain existing business relations with specifiers via periodic meetings along with the ability to present CPD seminars is essential.
- Ensure the product group budget is achieved and help towards the overall team’s objectives and company’s overall objectives and targets.
- Carry out training and tool box talks for contractors both on-site and off-site.
- Deliver growth and development of key customer relationships within specification & contracting sectors
- Develop and nurture the client base further to add additional revenue streams and growth opportunities through innovative ideas, clever development of solutions to solve the client needs and differentiate our offering from the competition.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Generate new business through developing excellent relationships with specifiers and contractors, in order to meet established KPI’s.
- Technical and practical support to customers and contractors both at HO and on site.
- Maintain project records, contact information and other required information within a CRM system.
- Technical support to internal and external operations and the supply chain including practical on-site engagement
- Produce monthly reports of activity and planned actions in line with objectives and KPIs.
- Proven track record in meeting sales targets and successful implementation of a sales strategy.
- Previous experience in a similar specification sales role in the construction industry selling waterproofing or similar solutions via specification and direct to contractors
- A good broad knowledge of construction, design drawings, and build sequencing.
- The ability to plan and organise within a pro-active structured environment.
- Experience of confidently presenting in front of small and larger groups of professionals, as CPD seminar presentations are part of the role.
- Can absorb technical standards requirements in relation to waterproofing design, broad solution options and applications.
- Willingness to travel nationally and occasionally internationally according to the needs of the business
- Excellent IT competency – Excel / Word / Exchange
- A Full UK or EU driving licence.
- Strong existing network of specifiers and contractors with whom you have a strong relationship.
- Previous experience of generating technical specifications for similar products via architects and other specifiers.
- Knowledge of structural waterproofing and gas proofing.
- On-site practical installation knowledge.
- Knowledge of the waterproofing market, waterproofing products, their performance characteristics, and practical elements of installation
- Hold the CSSW qualification.
- Hold an ICT Certificate in Concrete Technology & Construction: Stage 1 qualification.
- Knowledge and experience of construction site practices.
If you feel this is the opportunity that you have been waiting for, please email your covering letter and CV to Matt.Smith@pudlo.com.