PS Swell Mastic is a one component, polyurethane based, solvent free, hydro swelling mastic, supplied in cartridges and aluminium sausages, for the sealing of construction joints.
PS Swell Mastic cures and swells in the presence of moisture curing time depends on the temperature and humidity conditions i.e. curing time will reduce if the temperature are higher. PS Swell Mastic will become firm in 24-36 hours. Performance is not affected by the curing time.
PS SWELL MASTIC IS USED FOR
- Sealing rough and smooth construction joints of in-situ cast concrete.
- Sealing joints between pre-casts segments (e.g. manholes, box culverts, cable ducts and pipes).
- Sealing around steel H Beams.
- Sealing between rough surfaces (e.g. slurry walls) and concrete slabs.
- Bonding strips sealants to rough surfaces.
- Sealing around bolt spacers and void formers.
- On secant pile walls.
- Solvent free.
- PS Swell Mastic can be applied to concrete, PVC, HDPE, steel etc.
- The excellent filling and adhesion properties of the product provide a first line filling of cracks and voids, even on lightly humid smooth or rough surfaces.
- In contact with water PS Swell Mastic will expand to 350% of its original volume.
- Flexible system, which adapts to the irregular surface of the substrate.
- Easy application with standard caulking gun.
- Durable: will exceed the constructions life.
- Has a good all round chemical resistance and can resist petroleum, mineral and vegetable oils and greases.
- PS Swell Mastic is approved for contact with potable water.
- PS Swell Mastic is preferably applied onto dust free concrete surface. The surface can be rough or smooth, moist or dry.
- Installation during heavy rain or in prolonged contact with water results in a premature swelling of the strip, which should be avoided.
- The mastic should cure for 24 hours before pouring concrete.
- Despite the fact that PS Swell Mastic has a very good adherence to the concrete, care must be taken as with all products of this type, not to pour the concrete directly on the product to avoid damaging of the applied sealant.
Supplied in cartridges and aluminium cartridges, for the sealing of construction joints.